Tier 4 (General) Visa

This category is for individuals aged 16 or above who want to study in the UK.
The requirements for this category have changed numerous times in recent years, as the Government has tried to make it more difficult for abuses of the student visa system to occur. Therefore, it is important to have a clear understanding of the Immigration Rules before you accept and pay for a place at an educational institution in the UK, or your application may be rejected.

There are restrictions on the type of course you may study.
• You must be applying to study full-time in the UK on a course which meets certain criteria such as leading to a qualification at or above level 6 NQF or is an English language course.
• Alternatively, you can apply to study a Foundation Programme as a postgraduate doctor or dentist, or to work as a student union sabbatical officer.

Visa requirements:

• You must get a letter of acceptance from an approved education provider (called a ‘confirmation of acceptance for studies,’ or, ‘CAS’)
• You will need to prove that you have enough money to cover both your course fees and living costs for the duration of your stay in the UK
• You must prove competency in the English language to a specified level

Tier 4 (Child) Visa

This category is for non-EEA children aged between 4 and 17 years old to come to the UK for their education. Children aged between 4 and 15 would have to be educated at independent fee-paying schools, since they cannot study at public schools. If you are studying at an approved higher education institution on a course at NQF level 7 or above which lasts for at least 12 months you may bring your spouse or partner and children aged under 18 with you to the UK.
You must be able to prove that you have sufficient funds to support your dependants throughout their stay in the UK, without recourse to public funds.
For further details and free assessment, please contact us.

Go Back